From 1976 I was a member at Cremona & Sons and from 1986 to 2010, I was a managing member.
Since 2010 I have managed (and continue to manage) Technochef cc, Valmo Cheese and Belfiore Italian Deli. I am also a member of Northern Lights Trading 247 Pty (Ltd) (previously Cremona Arms).
I have achieved both Springbok and Protea colours; won the South African Championship in Olympic Trap (1994) and Universal Trench (2007, 2010 and 2017) and shot in the Chairman’s Cup for many consecutive years plus achieved second and third place in two African Shooting Championships (Bloemfontein and Cairo).
Having always liked innovations, I introduced the first automatic OT range in SA and imported the first automatic scramblers in the country both for DDSK and Bloemfontein.
I then moved to import clays, arms and ammunitions of different quality.
I served as Chairman at Durban Deep Sheet Club, Roodepoort for 3 years, the Transvaal CTSA committee for 3 years and vice president of CTSASA for 1 year before taking a sabbatical from shooting.
I returned to Clay Target Shooting as a competitive shooter whereupon I began shooting the trials and achieved Protea colours as a Senior and Veteran; won the Paul Kruger trophy; achieved UT team second and third place at two world championships, and second place individual senior in Hungary.
My goals are:
- To see more juniors shooting all different disciplines
- To increase participants in the Olympic disciplines
- To embark on a campaign of collecting funds in order to
- sponsor overseas shooting teams and
- to be able to provide coaching for our juniors and to assist them financially.
- I would like to see shooting instructors available at all times at all of our clubs
- I also aim to get national coaches appointed who are willing to coach shooters at appointed venues and who are willing to travel overseas to international championships with our National Teams.
My passion is still for Clay Target Shooting and I attend as many shoots as possible all over the country.